Thursday, June 6, 2013

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

On a day like today, I think of Mr. Rodgers.  I am singing "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood".  Right now it is 55 degrees and is expected to get to 77.  Perfect weather in my book.  Lolli and I just walked 2 miles, and I feel great.  I hate to walk and I force myself to do it.  But when it is over, I am so happy.  No matter what the day brings, I walked and got it over with!!  Today and every Thursday for 3 months I am delivering meals to shut ins.  I still drive the bus on Fridays, but in addition to that on Thursdays Uncle John drives the bus and I run the meals in the houses.  The older people are expecting me, so I knock and walk in.  Most have a hard time getting to the door.  It is kind on scary because you never know what to expect with people in their late 80's and 90's.  But, usually they are happy to see me and I certainly are happy to see them. 

Everything is coming up roses at my house.  Here are some pictures. 







Have a wonderful day, Cindy

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL roses!!!! so bright and cheerful. glad to see you back writing again! love you!!

    ReplyDelete