Sunday, May 26, 2013

How does my garden grow.......

I can not believe it has been almost 2 years since we moved to Kansas.  Last year it was about June when I decided I wanted to plant a garden.  Alisha and Chloe were here and we very quickly threw together a garden in a day.  It was fun and it was a great adventure that ended with a wonderful delicious bounty.  I was kind of surprised it did so well because I had not ever had a garden.  I think part of the reason it turned out so well was because the soil had not been planted before and was not stripped of its nutrients.  Whatever the reason, I was extremely pleased with my first year as a gardener.  The only thing I would change was the plant date.  I planted late and I had a hard time keeping the veggies cool and watered when the temps were 110 !!  So, this year I decided that I was going to give it a try again and add a few new veggies.  The new things I planted this year are butter nut squash, snap beans and pumpkins.  I would love to have lots of pumpkins to decorate with for the fall, but the last couple of years pumpkins have been so expensive, I just couldn't justify buying them for decorating.  I planted 3 different kinds of pumpkins.   I also have planted are zuccini and yellow squash.  I have some extra room in the garden, so I am going to probably add some more veggies like carrots.

 



What do you think..............................................

Cindy

1 comment:

  1. yay!!!! glad to see you back here. you have a LOT of catching up to do!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete