Tuesday, January 1, 2013

oops.................

Well, we had a wonderful time with our oldest daughter and our oldest granddaughter.  During the time we were together we were busy.  We spent time with great grandma and great grandpa.  We had Christmas baking to do.  We also prepare the communion for our church for the month of December.  We went to our cousins restaurant and basically stayed busy.  I kept asking Alisha when her flight home was.  I knew she was staying for about 10 days leaving sometime before the first of January 2013.  She told me her flight was at 6:45 on Saturday.  So, Saturday we headed off to Wichita in the morning.  It is a 100 mile trip.  We got there and headed straight to Applebee's where we had a wonderful lunch.  After lunch we went to Hobby Lobby and took advantage of their great sales.  We then dropped the girls off at the airport.  We needed to get back home before dark because that is when the deer come out and it is much safer to drive during the day if possible.  We said our goodbyes gave our hugs and went on our way.  We got about 30 miles from home and received a phone call from our granddaughter.  Since it was about the time the plane should be boarding, I thought they were calling to tell us they were getting on the plane.  Well, I was sure wrong.  The call from our granddaughter informed us that their plane does not leave until Monday.  We dropped them off 2 days early!! So, we turned the car around and went back to pick them up. That was a long way to go for lunch.  Of course we were happy to spend more time with the girls.  We started a puzzle and I needed help, so I was glad they were back to help me. 

Another thing that happened when the girls were here was that great grandma wanted Annie to take her car to the shop because it was not running right.  Annie was ahead of us driving great grandmas car and when we got to the highway she turned left instead of right.  I was behind her and just waited for her to figure it out and turn around.  Well, when she realized I was not behind her, she pulled over onto the easement that is just a grass patch.  When she opened the door and looked down she realized the car had started a grass fire and she was looking at flames!! She shut the door to the car and backed it up got out and started stepping the fire out.  Lucky for her two guys stopped and helped her stomp out the flames.  They also told her they had driven past me and I was waiting for her!  What an ordeal.  Glad everyone was safe and we got grandmas car to the shop safe and sound.  Here are some pictures of our time together.

 Annie's fire
  

 On their way home.  The second time.
 Our puzzle.  I have to finish it myself.....
 The one ornament we forgot.  There is always one Christmas ornament we forget to pack.  This will be news to Annie as I just found it today.
The day we took the girls to the airport for the second time!!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment